RE: How to integrate an HTML Help system into a browser?

Subject: RE: How to integrate an HTML Help system into a browser?
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:41:55 -0700

> Is there anybody has ever tried to integrate an HTML Help system into a
> browser from HTML Help Workshop?

Do you mean as an embedded help system (that is, one displayed as part of
the page) or simply connecting an HTML Help file to a web-based application?
The answer in part is going to depend on how the developers have put
together the app, but there may be some simple calls to launch a CHM file.

> If so what is the detailed process? Can any of you give me a detailed
> answer
> about what to do and how to fix bugs?

A better list for answers to this question might be WinHlp-l. You can
subscribe to that list by sendning a message to

listserv -at- admin -dot- humberc -dot- on -dot- ca

Leave the subject line blank. In the message body type

subscribe winhlp-l yourname

All (or at least most) of the MS HTML Help MVPs follow this list, so it's an
excellent resource for HTML Help information.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
INT'L.com Design & Development
billdb -at- intl -dot- com
"Being disintegrated makes me very angry."