RE: BA vs. BS degrees

Subject: RE: BA vs. BS degrees
From: "Paula Flanders" <pflanders -at- vicinity -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:30:00 -0500

>(I don't think you CAN get a BS in technical writing - but then, that would
be an oxymoron,
>wouldn't it? <g>)

Well, it might be an oxymoron, but my degree is a BS in Business
Communication. The degree program was designed with a core set of business
and communication courses and then each student could tailor it to a
specific type of writing. I was struggling to choose between tech writing
and marketing communications, so I did some of each. And, although I ended
up in tech writing, the marketing courses have served me well. Other options
were public relations and advertising. It was also possible to double major
in finance and business communication for those interested in things like
investor relations.

Paula Flanders