Re: MS Word Bloat

Subject: Re: MS Word Bloat
From: "Terry Barron" <tbarron -at- systems -dot- dhl -dot- com>
To: Susan Kirsch <susan -at- virtualcyber -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:18:03 -0800

Hi,

These two Word features quickly inflate file sizes:

Versions
If you have "Versions" turned on, Word keeps a copy of each old
version every time you save the file. Choose these menu items to
access the Versions dialog box:
File->Versions
Delete all old versions, then turn off versions

Track Changes
If you have "Track Changes", Word keeps all the changes made to
the original document. Choose these menu items to open the
Track Changes dialog box:
Tools->Track Changes
Accept all changes, then turn off track changes

--
Terry Barron
DHL Systems, Inc.