Re: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: Re: Average Length of TW Resume
From: "Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:11:24 -0500

> Is a three page resume too long under today's standards for a technical
> writer with about five years of experience?

I have used a two part resume for a long time.

The first part is clearly labeled "Summary" and is one page long.

The second part is labeled "Detail" and is about four pages long.

The organization of the two parts is the same so that someone who wants more
detail on a particular skill or job can find it easily.

Unfortunately, I have never had any feedback, positive or negative, on this
format, so I can't tell you if my infrequent job hunts have succeeded
because of it, or in spite of it :-)