RE: Need Help selecting Help Tool

Subject: RE: Need Help selecting Help Tool
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:13:59 -0700

Kathi writes

> My take is that most of us use either RoboHelp or WebWorks or something
> else. I can't recall seeing any posts about ForeHelp. Is that because it
> is
> unpopular? If so, why is it unpopular? If anyone is using it and also has
> experience using WebWorks, I would like to hear what you think about the
> differences between the two.

No, ForeHelp isn't unpopular at all. You might see more about it on the
WinHelp list than here. It has its strengths. However, if you already know
how to make WebWorks do what you need it to do, there's no reason to buy
another tool. With what you've got, you can do all the customization you
need, and the cross-browser help solution is better than most of the others
I've seen.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
INT'L.com Design & Development
billdb -at- intl -dot- com
"Being disintegrated makes me very angry."