Re: Sites like Guru.com

Subject: Re: Sites like Guru.com
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "M. Giffin" <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:47:14 -0800

Actually, don't laugh. I have a friend who spoke to a potential client. The
client fainted at $60 an hour - and he is worth every penny, he is really
good. The client said that they were working with a shop in the Ukraine or
some Eastern European place who was hiring writers for $6 an hour.
Apparently, programming is not the only thing being moved offshore.

I am certain that the writing/organization/etc sucks - non-native speakers
can do a good job, but? If the client is looking only at cost, then it is
hard to argue with those prices. After all, you can get 10 writers for what
my friend is charging.

My friend thanked the potential and left laughing his head off. He actually
laughed in front of the perspective.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com