RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples

Subject: RE: Request for Resume samples and Writing samples
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:04:24 -0500

On Friday, March 31, 2000 1:48 PM, Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com [SMTP:Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com]
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a new Tech Writer and in need of some advice.
> I am in the process of looking for experienced TW's for advice and
> information.
>
> For instance: What "type" of writing samples are potential employers
> looking for?

Tech writing type samples. If you are a tech writer (even a new one, not just
a wannabe) you know what "type" of samples.

> I need someone that can advise me on what to put in a sample book. Since I
> am still a rookie, I don't have any elaborate TW samples that other TW's
> have. I am loosing a lot of job opportunities because I don't have a Killer
> writing sample book.

Do you have any???

> Can anyone send me via MS Word attachment resume samples and writing
> samples that do not contain any confidential information?

What good would someone else's samples be? They would not represent your
writing abilities. They would only help you if you were going to try and pass
them off as your work, which would be unethical.

Here's my advice .... need samples??? Write something!

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

The optimist says the glass is half full. The pessimist says the
glass is half empty. The engineer says the glass is twice as big
as it needs to be.