RE: Subject: I'm concerned ...

Subject: RE: Subject: I'm concerned ...
From: Alice Kirk <AKirk -at- URSI -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:21:47 -0600

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:16:16 -0700
"Christensen, Kent" <lkchris -at- sandia -dot- gov> wrote " .. about this list.

Sure, some list members are just now considering tech writing careers, but
what about those of us already in it? Frankly, I'm tired of talking about
the education I should have had (BA vs. BS degrees, ... Worthless TC
Degrees, ... ad nauseum) and am much more interested in ..."

This is right on target. Kent, thanks for the links. They are wonderful.
I am a QA manager, but my background is techwriting. I manage the writing
of embedded help. I am always searching for usability information on html
embedded help. Techwriters and developers have opinions on how to format
this. They usually don't consider the person that actually uses the help!
That is my job.

If anyone reading this is working with ASPs that interface with SQL Server
to write embedded html help, I would like to "compare notes", so to speak.
This is new technology and there is not a lot of information on usability.

Thanks in advance for any information sent my way.