Re: Headhunter question

Subject: Re: Headhunter question
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:11:47 -0800

> his headhunter placed him in the job, the headhunting firm got 25% of his
> first year's salary.
>
> I always thought that the company that hires the employee paid the

> headhunter fee out of their own pocket, _not_ out of the hiree's actual
> salary (even if the fee is a percentage of said salary). Did my friend's
> boyfriend get shafted?

Oh boy did he ever! There are still a few holdovers from about a decade ago, when
headhunters charged the employEE a fee. However in the past 5+ years, there
hasn't been any reason to do so - qualified labor has been scarce enough that
employERs have gladly footed the agency fee.

Your friend's boyfriend ought to go back to the agency and ask why they charged
him a fee when the employer probably paid the fee. There might be grounds for
fraud here.Certainly bad business practices.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems