Managing telecommuters

Subject: Managing telecommuters
From: Chris Hamilton <cah_91 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 05:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

This list has discussed telecommuting many times from
an employee's perspective. I'd like to gain your
wisdom from a manager's perspective.

One of the problems for a telecommuting employee is
getting that visibility that the onsite people get
naturally. I'm managing an employee that telecommutes
full time and I'm wondering what strategies that I, as
a manager, can use to overcome that problem and best
get a feel for what's going on beyond the status
reports.

Any experience or ideas you all have would be most
appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Chris

http://im.yahoo.com