Re: Acrobat 4.05 error message

Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.05 error message
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <heatherb -at- aiinet -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:05:37 -0400

Heather,

This may be just one of those things.

Drag the PS file onto Wordpad to open it. Examine the beginning and end of the file. If there is any information at all before the initial "%PS," you can delete it safely. If there is any information at all after the "End," you can delete that also. If the fm2 command was in either of those areas, the PS file should distill without problem. If it is somewhere else (i.e., between %PS and End), maybe someone else can help.

In particular, if you don't get a good answer here, I recommend the comp.text.pdf newsgroup, where answers tend to be prompt and accurate and, yes, people have heard of FrameMaker.

Good luck,

Dick

I just installed Acrobat 4.05 on my computer. Now, when I click