Re: What's Dynatext?

Subject: Re: What's Dynatext?
From: SusanH -at- cardsetc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:34:58 +1000

I once worked for a multi-national computer firm that delivered product
documentation as Dynatext and Acrobat.... depending upon the product and
the particular inclination of the writing group.

I remember a product release where our product released some items in
Dynatext and some in Acrobat. Users found the Dynatext solution much, much
more usable... but Dynatext pricing was unrealistic (and I am almost sure
it had an SGML dependency) and the multi-national firm adopted Acrobat as
their standard doco delivery platform.

I think this is yet another example of where good marketing succeeds where
product superiority alone does not.

Alas for Dynatext! Alas for online documentation readers!

Of course, all this was taking place a few years ago, before browser-based
everything took over the world.

Susan Harkus

Cards Etc will be on stand 1161 at CardTech SecurTech in Miami
from 2nd May to 4th May. Look forward to seeing you there!

This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Limited (ACN: 069 533 302).
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately
(by reply e-mail) and delete this e-mail from your system.