Industry stats (stats?)

Subject: Industry stats (stats?)
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <markl -at- gilian -dot- com>
To: TechWr-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:34:37 +0200

We're over here in a non-English-speaking country
designing a website in English and fighting the
battle of words versus graphics. If we put
the concise term "stats" on a link button, on a
page describing the industry we serve (website
administration), will it be obvious to a
computer-literate but otherwise general
readership what "stats" stands for?

All opinions welcome, but simple answers like
"Sure," "No way," and "I wouldn't know myself"
might as well come offlist to me. I'll summarize.

Oh, and we mean to refer to statistics (not
photostats...).

Mark L. Levinson
MarkL -at- Gilian -dot- com
Herzlia, Israel