Adobe Acrobat 4 & Blank Bookmarks

Subject: Adobe Acrobat 4 & Blank Bookmarks
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:40:46 -0400

In creating PDF files from Word docs, I'm getting blank bookmarks where a
heading style was skipped. For example, I used Heading 1, Heading 2, and
then Heading 4. In this case, Acrobat creates a blank bookmark where
Heading 3 was supposed to be. When this happens, I must delete all the
blank bookmarks in the PDF file and it is a tedious task.

Does anyone know a way around this? Is there a setting or something that
tells Acrobat not to create blank bookmarks?

Please respond to me directly as I'm on digest and need to get these files
done today. Thanks.
Geri Lou Ciotoli
Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.