RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work

Subject: RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:26:09 -0500

Danger, Will Robinson!

These salaries (below) may sound great but I have a brother who lives in
Silicon Valley, and the cost of living there makes this a moderate income
only.

In contrast, although real estate is shooting up, you can still get a nice
house in Austin for around $100,000-200,000(a fixer-upper for less
than $100,000), and senior writers are getting paid around
60K to 80K, with stock options and some signing bonuses. I
understand I would have to pay several times more than this for a house
in Silicon Valley.

Kay Robart