Previous Writer:Engineer or Products Ratio Thread?

Subject: Previous Writer:Engineer or Products Ratio Thread?
From: "Kasie Snyder" <Kasie -dot- Snyder -at- pulse -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:12 -0400

Fellow Tech Comm Professionals:
Did any of you keep the recent thread on the ratios of Tech Writers/Graphics
Illustrators/Editors/Managers to Engineers or Products? I work in a fast-paced
telecom company. My business unit has 4 engineering teams (total of 51
engineers) and they want me to operate Tech Doc with 2 writers and myself. I
have made 5 different business cases for more headcount. Because they do not
know how to scope the work, I keep getting shot down. So, if anyone has concrete
info regarding ratios, that may help me tremendously. Thanks in advance!
-Kasie Snyder
Lead Technical Writer
ECI Telecom