RE: Maybe We Need a New Job Title

Subject: RE: Maybe We Need a New Job Title
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Dianne Blake'" <write-it -at- home -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:06:58 -0400

Diane,

You make some excellent points. However, it's often true that software
companies don't care if you have the programming knowledge, but would think
they had GOLD if the TW knows their business. In addition to QA, and UI
expertise, you have to be a strong strategic thinker and business analyst. I
can do it, and have done it all, and got the same reference "she knows the
product better than anyone in the company".

Therefore I could add the following job titles:

Chief Arbiter of Basic Decisions
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
GUI Guru
All Seeing/All Knowing Writer Chick