Chapter title / placement

Subject: Chapter title / placement
From: "Daniel Hall" <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:26:02 -0700

Hello All:

I have two questions about a chapter in my current project. Here's the
situation:

I am currently working on a "troubleshooting manual" to help solve common
Windows/software/ network/hardware problems. Users who work for my employer
will consult the manual and attempt to resolve their own problems before
calling in MIS. There are about 500 nodes on our network, and approximately
400 users, spread among 11 sites. All of these are served by two (yes,
_two_) computer professionals. So it often can be a week or more before a
computer problem is fixed.

These are fairly "non-technical" users, so the doc contains screenshots of
every window, dialog, etc. There are also lots of notes and warnings
included to prevent disaster. The end product will be about 75-80 pages.

Somewhere in the doc, I have been asked to include some "general
information" about troubleshooting. This chapter is narrative in nature (as
opposed to task-oriented), and includes sections like "Starting with the
obvious," "Isolating problems," and "Saving system settings." Those who
encounter something not covered in the manual can use this section to
attempt to solve the problem on their own.

Enough background. You now probably more than you wanted to know about this.
:)

Leaving aside whether or not the whole thing is a good idea ... (pictures of
novices editing the Windows Registry come to mind ... shudder)

First question: What do I call this chapter?

My ideas:
General Information
Troubleshooting Background
Introduction to Troubleshooting