RE: The garden PATH (examples)

Subject: RE: The garden PATH (examples)
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:58:10 -0600

> Lisa Wright asked about "From the Edit menu, select Find, then
> choose Files
> or Folders" versus "Select Edit>Find>Files or Folders.

I tend to stay away from ">" or "|" or "/" as menu path delimiters, because
each of these symbols has a grammatical meaning in software.

Instead I use the arrow character in symbol font (Ctrl-q . in FrameMaker,
use the insert symbol in Word), so it looks something like this
File->Open->whatever. Of course the "->" is only a single character looking
like an arrow.

Walden Miller
Manager Technical Documentation
Vidiom Systems