Job Selection Dilemma

Subject: Job Selection Dilemma
From: SusanP <susanp -at- astound -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:17:09 -0400

I know this is off-topic too but how do you go about choosing from two very
good job offers. Company A does hardware/software solutions and is ½ hour
away from home (on regular road), but is a lateral move. Company B is a
major financial and travel services company and is ¾ hour by highway but
moves me into a business analyst role and pays about 20-40% more.

I have to make a decision today, and I just don't know which to pick. Money
not withstanding I think Company B provides more career and growth
opportunities but I've never driven on a highway before. Plus, I have a
two-year old.

Your input (off-line, or online) would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I did
the pros and cons list already and I still don't know.

Susan