SOS

Subject: SOS
From: edwardroxannewood <doowr -at- bellatlantic -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:51:05 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Today I interviewed for one of the networking industry's leading
independent test labs. The position was not defined, however it would
consist of technical writing and research. I am hoping to placed with a
new syndicated research program that they have just initiated. They
simplify complex findings and explain results to customers and industry
analysts. I have a technical education with a passion for communicating
technology. The only writing experience I have is that I research
different aspects of technology and furnish an on-line newspaper with a
weekly column. They understand that I am not a skilled writer but I am
aspiring to become on. I was told that they were going to focus on my
potential and not my skill level. I feel the interview went very well,
however they have asked me to return for a second interview with the
head of their editorial dept. I don't know if they were kidding or not
but I was told that he would grill me. "Now I am very concerned." I do
not have an English degree. Can anyone tell me what I might expect. Any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,

Roxanne