Re: SOS

Subject: Re: SOS
From: Penny Staples <pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com>
To: edwardroxannewood <doowr -at- bellatlantic -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:57:55 -0500

Hi Roxanne,

From what you've said, you have some background in technology and a great deal
of enthusiasm for this type of writing. If you're already doing some writing,
and you're willing to work to get your writing skills up to speed, you probably
have a decent shot at this job, or another one like it (don't give up if you
don't get this one).

It'll depend on who else has applied, and on what this editor is looking for.
You can't control that. So you have nothing to lose by going in positive,
rather than defensive. Be honest about what your limitations are as a writer,
but don't sell yourself short. You can teach someone writing skills; you can't
teach attitude.

Best of luck,

Penny Staples
staplesp -at- airwire -dot- com