Title style problem, any suggestions?

Subject: Title style problem, any suggestions?
From: Joel Basart <joel_basart -at- inetco -dot- com>
To: "Techwriting list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:37:40 -0700

Hi, I am having a debate with several people in my office about an HPart
Title that we put in all of our manuals, and the way it is presented. In the
past, a Tech Writer we had put it the current way, and I am questioning his
judgement in doing so as I find it to look a bit unprofessional and
everytime I see it I want to change it. Anyway, here are the two versions of
this title, I'd be interested to see how people feel about it.

The current version = 'the Service'

The way I think it should be = 'The Service'

It is the HPart title at the head of all our main Sections(where there is
only one chapter to the manual) and I was told this is done with a small 't'
because it makes the 'S' in Service and the 'S' logo for the section appear
larger (?)

Joel Basart
Technical Writer
INETCO Systems