Re: "Parallelize"

Subject: Re: "Parallelize"
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -dot- mike -at- epamail -dot- epa -dot- gov>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:40:20 -0700

You can parallelize code all you want to, but every time I look at it, I first read "paralyze."

Marilynne

At 10:23 AM 4/14/00, Michael Andrew Uhl wrote:

"Parallelize" may or may not be in *your* dictionary and its use may
make you uncomfortable--I didn't like to use it at first. However,
whether or not *you* like it, this is a word that will be used with
increasing frequency because parallel processing computer systems are
becoming more common and programmers will be "parallelizing" serial code
to take advantage of the new architectures.
<snip>
- Mike
--
Michael Andrew Uhl (mailto:uhl -dot- mike -at- epa -dot- gov)

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com