RE: Interesting Product Review

Subject: RE: Interesting Product Review
From: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:10:30 -0400

Bill Hartzer wonders: "What can we do, as Technical Writers, to
encourage that our users read
> the manuals we create?"

I suppose the good screen prompts could have been due to the contributions
of a technical communicator. Luckily, not ALL technical writing work is
about how to use software. In any case, it seems to me that software that
has a narrow focus (such as Business Card Designer Plus) would probably lend
itself to online wizards or "prompts."

The DEVELOPERS/DESIGNERS can encourage the users to read our manuals by
making our manuals necessary! ;-)

Joy