RE: Photoshop vs PSP

Subject: RE: Photoshop vs PSP
From: Daniel Hall <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:55:00 -0400 (EDT)

For most of my work, which includes a good deal of screen capture/technical
illustration work, I choose: neither.

A possibility you might not have considered (but IMHO you should) is Corel's
excellent DRAW! Suite. The bitmap editor, Photopaint,is as powerful as
Photoshop, but the interface is more intuitive for a Win 9x user. It
supports 3rd party effects plug-ins too, and comes with a good number right
outof the box. The capture program, which is called, imaginatively, "Corel
Capture", is also excellent.

But best of all, you get the whole package - Photopaint for bitmap editing,
DRAW! for vector work, and the suite of texture, capture, scan, etc.
software, along with a gazillion royalty free clips, included in the $250.00
suite price.

Corel has a generous return policy (try returning an Adobe product
sometime!) and you could try it out for 30 days and send it back for a full
refund if you're not satisfied. No, I?m not a Corel employee (nor do I know
any) but I love this program.

HTH
Dan Hall
danhall -at- consultant -dot- com