Re: Editing PDF Files

Subject: Re: Editing PDF Files
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: "Margaret.Mall" <Margaret -dot- Mall -at- ttimail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:16:53 +0200

Margaret,

Before I list some tools allowing to edit a PDF document, I must state
clearly that the document must not be protected against editing, in order
to be editable (sounds stupid, but it is possible to protect the document;
if you run into such a beastie, you will have no chance at all).

So, you have several levels.

The lowest level is the Text and Graphics Touchup tool.

The next higher level are the helper tools for the Text and Graphics
Touchup tool, such as Adobe Illustrator 8.01 and higher (for vector
objects) or Photoshop 5 and higher (for raster objects).

The standard for last second editing in the prepress industry (and
otherwise really useful) is PitStop by Enfocus (http://www.enfocus.be).

A step beyond that is a product named "Solvero" by a German company
(however, I don't have their coordinates around; but when I say that you
will need the _big_ purse to buy that product, you might know why <g>).
They say that this product _is_ really good...

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

Just had a questions from a co-worker. What can one do to edit a PDF file?
Is there an application that will let me, for example, get a graphic from a
PDF file?
I thought I heard that there is a software application that let's you edit a
PDF file. If anyone knows a quick way to do this and/or the name of the
application, I appreciate hearing from you.