Re: Editing PDF Files

Subject: Re: Editing PDF Files
From: "Chris Jackson" <crassick -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:00:31 -0400

----------
>From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
>To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
>Cc: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
>Subject: Re: Editing PDF Files
>Date: Fri, Apr 21, 2000, 1:16 PM

<snip>
>Before I list some tools allowing to edit a PDF document, I must state
>clearly that the document must not be protected against editing, in order
>to be editable (sounds stupid, but it is possible to protect the document;
>if you run into such a beastie, you will have no chance at all).
</snip>

Sorry if this is old hat, but as long as you can print a PDF and have
Acrobat, you can edit the PDF by printing to a PostScript file and creating
a new PDF. Last time I checked via user forums, there is no way to allow a
PDF to be printed and prevent this workaround. I was frustrated to learn
this, but then it helped when I had to make corrections in a document
supposedly protected against editing.

Chris Jackson