Re: Source of Quote

Subject: Re: Source of Quote
From: "Kat Nagel" <kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com>
To: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:04:32 -0400

from Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore:
>where did you see
> the quote from Raymond Chandler, "I live for syntax."?

Several different places.

(1) An old clipping of an interview with Chandler (looked like a
Saturday Evening Post or Life magazine article but, unfortunately,
the identifying info had been trimmed off) that was posted on a
colleague's door
(2) An entry in a book of 'writers on writing' that I read about 6
years ago and got a lot of sigs from (citation? was I supposed to
write down something? oops. ;))
(3) A poster published by EEI, titled "A Way With Words", that
follows me from office to office along with the picture of a cat
laughing over a copy of Roger Tory Peterson's _Field Guide to Birds_

I think the poster is still available from EEI, by the way. I got a
copy for a friend about a year ago. (The cat picture is NOT
available; the photographer is dead and his widow can't find the
negative.)

Kat Nagel
Artful Docster
Kat_Nagel -at- rte -dot- com