RE: Was "Spelling & Grammarchecker Use Survey"

Subject: RE: Was "Spelling & Grammarchecker Use Survey"
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:53:16 -0400

I ran into this problem with FrameMaker, also. The product includes a very
extensive medical spell-checking program, but unfortunately, I was working
for an engineering publisher rather than a medical one.

The editors kept a list of memorable, absurd, WRONG suggestions the
spellchecker would propose.

I called Frame to see if there was any way to delete the words that were
causing the most errors, but there wasn't.

In this case, the spellchecker was an active hindrance to getting the work
done, so we just didn't use it. All spellchecking was by proofreading.