RE: Trying to flee the country

Subject: RE: Trying to flee the country
From: Maaike Groenewege <mgr -at- mediasys -dot- nl>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:43:32 +0200

Hi Bonita

I know that Kudos (www.kudos.co.uk) has permanent and contract jobs for
technical writers in most of the EU countries, so perhaps they can also tell
you how you could obtain a working permit.

You could also try the website of the Institute of Scientific and Technical
Communicators (www.istc.org.uk), which provides quite a lot of information
about agencies in the UK.

If working in the Netherlands sounds interesting to you, you might try
getting in touch with SENSE, the Society of English Native Speaking Editors
in the Netherlands at http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~sense.

One final resource before I'm off to lunch: rtfm-nl, the list for technical
writers in the Netherlands at www.onelist.com/group/rtfm-nl (does this sound
like a shameless plug? It is *s*). Of the 30 members, almost half is not
Dutch by nationality, so I'm quite sure that they can tell you how they
ended up here.

Good luck with your escape :o)

Maaike
Maaike Groenewege