RE: Work permits for Europe

Subject: RE: Work permits for Europe
From: "Bowen, Marianne" <Marianne -dot- Bowen -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "'Egelstaff, Julian'" <Julian -dot- Egelstaff -at- Cognos -dot- COM>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:44:04 -0400

Sorry to disappoint, but no, it does not.

In Germany you must have a work permit when you are a foreigner, a passport
is not enough. I could not work in Germany today, unless I had a sponsor who
could really make a good case for me, and I was born in Germany. I moved
here 8 years ago and have my US citizenship now, which makes me a foreigner
and means I need a work permit.

The job market in Germany is horrible right now, unemployment is extremely
high. There is no way the Employment office will give out work permits to
non-citizens easily.

Marianne