Experiences with ToolBook II Assistant 7.0

Subject: Experiences with ToolBook II Assistant 7.0
From: Suzanne Pyle <comline -at- greennet -dot- net>
To: Techwr-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:32:32 -0400

There seems to be quirks and little bugs that creep into final
production for WBT applications using ToolBook --even the latest
version. I'm wondering if you can share ways to avoid the pitfalls and
recommend strategies to build applications that don't fall apart in
production.

Specifically, I'm interesting in developing for a client a Web based
training application using ToolBook Assistant II 7.0 that would either
be distributed via their intranet using JRE, or the Neuron viewer. For a
client, however, who hasn't experienced WBT, what would you recommend as
a simple application that might not have all the bells and whistles, but
at least wouldn't be full of error messages such as 'can't find .dll' or
'unable to load xxx'. By the way, I won't have access to Instructor---so
I'll be relying totally on the Assistant.

Suzanne