Re: lone writer and Source Safe

Subject: Re: lone writer and Source Safe
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Alison Tartt <akt -at- att -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:49:37 -0500

I was the lone writer for a small company; we were supposed to use VSS to
protect our files. Maybe it was installed or configured wrong (a very likely
possibility considering the person who installed it), or maybe it was because I
was doing help, but I found it such a nightmare I refused to use it. It
constantly screwed up my files, I could never get things checked in or out
properly. The two web designers also had problems using it and finally refused
to trust their files to it.

From other discussions, though, I know that others don't have any problems using
it.

Jo Byrd