Re: The Quick and the Bad

Subject: Re: The Quick and the Bad
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:17:22 -0500

>Okay - here is my bitch. On what divine tablet is it written that anything
done
>quickly is inherently shoddy?

Nowhere. But speed is easy, it's quality that's hard. That's why there are
so many more fast companies than good ones.

"We don't have the time the develop good products" is a myth. Anyone who
says that is at best, deluded. What's really being said is "We don't want
to make the effort to do both." The easy way to gain speed is to cut
corners. It's far harder to exercise the discipline necessary to get it
right the first time.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224