Estimation of Frame Learning Curve

Subject: Estimation of Frame Learning Curve
From: "Leary, William" <wleary -at- laquinta -dot- com>
To: "Technical Writing List (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:26:26 -0500

Greetings,

Thanks for the input on the tools. It seems as if Frame is the clear
recommendation for large docs. I was wondering if anyone had any estimates
on how long it takes someone to get productive in FrameMaker. We have a user
who will be the one using the tool we recommend, and she currently uses Word
for all docs. If we sent her to training, how long do you think it would be
before she would be comfortable using Frame? I've read about how Frame is
not a tool you can take home over the weekend and figure out, and want to be
able to get an idea of how long it took you.

Cheers,
William Leary
Programmer/Analyst, La Quinta Inns, Inc.