Convert Paper Documentation to Web Format

Subject: Convert Paper Documentation to Web Format
From: "Julie Johnston" <juliajaj -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:11:50 CDT

I work for a company in Illinois that produces a large volume of documentation in paper format. One of our future plans is to post the documentation on the web. I've tried to convert the docs from Word to FrontPage, but I end up losing some of the formatting. Since there is such a large volume of documentation, it would be very time consuming to convert all the documentation manually over to web format. Could you please let me know what other companies do that are experiencing the same issue. Does anyone know of any companies that specialize in converting paper docs over to web/HTML format. We looked into converting the docs to PDF format, but there's an issue with file size & download time. Thanks for your help.