Copyright Question

Subject: Copyright Question
From: Jean Jordaan <Jean -at- mosaicsoftware -dot- com>
To: "Techwr (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 16:44:52 +0200

Hi List

Here's a legal-type question.

Our firm has resellers. They bundle our software with services and
sell it in their market.

They also use our documentation. At the moment, they're cutting and
pasting and generally hacking it about, sometimes misrepresenting our
software or misinforming their customers. They also do not acknowledge
their use of our documentation as source, or mention our product, as
a component of theirs, by name.

I'd like to know what's the industry standard on this? What is the
usual way of licensing documentation to resellers? Should we demand
to OK everything that concerns our software? Can they buy the right
to do as they please? What's the usual boilerplate in cases like
this?

Any advice or pointers would be sorely appreciated.

Regards,
--
jean -at- mosaicsoftware -dot- com . ... .... ///\\oo//\\\
Technical Writer