RE: Exact meaning of / (forward slash)

Subject: RE: Exact meaning of / (forward slash)
From: salatas <salatas -at- micron -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 08:46:51 -0600

Jan Stanley wrote:

I try to avoid slash constructions altogether in my own writing,
and when I'm editing I try to reconstruct without the slash and
query to make sure I've got the meaning right.

Response:

Exactly. Slashes are not only confusing, they're annoying. A slash implies
that two words have some sort of relationship, but the writer is letting the
readers figure out what that relationship is.

Salette Latas
salatas -at- micron -dot- com