The Illusion of Control

Subject: The Illusion of Control
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

> Andrew, I agree with you a lot, but not this time.
> IMO, you don't teach someone by setting them up for
> failure. You teach them by setting them up for success
> and providing controls along the way to catch and
> correct the mistakes.

There is no such thing as control. Only tolerable chaos.

At some point, you have to give up the illusion of safety and "properness" and
suckle the mighty risk-teet. Life is not a well-ordered process.

Throw them in and let the weak sink. It is only through failure that one can
appreciate and vision success.

Ooooo, deep.
Andrew Plato

Pathetic self-aggrandizement: http://members.home.com/aplato