The Frame vs. Quark Resolution

Subject: The Frame vs. Quark Resolution
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:48:25 -0700

Everyone--

I am eternally grateful for all your help. This list is a treasure.

Yesterday afternoon, I took all the responses and headed to my boss's office, prepared to use all your points to justify sticking with Frame, and argue that marketing has no reason to make me switch to Quark, other than that they don't want to be inconvienanced by doing extra work to contribute design in Frame.

To my delight and utter surprise, my boss told me that the manuals are MY art, and as such, I can use whatever tool I want to use to create them. I started to use all the responses from this list to justify Frame, but he said, "There's no need to justify it to me. You don't have to change. You use whatever program best fits you".

In addition, he then wrote marketing an email stating that I own the manuals, and that marketing can contribute design but it's ultimately my decision as to what happens with manuals. It was a major victory for me and I love my boss completely.

He also added that Framemaker is a better product for technical documentation. There has been no response from marketing, so I can only assume they are fuming over there.

Thanks again everyone, it's been invaluable to me.

Someone suggested I post a summary of all the emails, and if that is indeed what he meant, then I will do that soon.

Thanks,
Sierra Godfrey

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com