Re: Constructing site maps

Subject: Re: Constructing site maps
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: Patricia Jackson <patrj -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:10:43 -0700

I don't want to be part of a "me too" thing, so I'll expand a bit.
First, I saw what Dan saw-- nothing even similar to a site mape. On a Mac
and on Window, both using Netscape.
Unless, perhaps, the "site map" is the brief line above the "weird sort of
graphic with lines moving up and down" that says

Soda product development art for architecture arts and research

But this, to me, is not a site map. A site map should give a map of the
_whole_ site, not just the top level.

At first, I thought that this was an issue of "knowing your audience". I
thought maybe there was something about Patricia's system that Dan's system
didn't have and she was probably their "audience".

However, now, I think it is an issue of terminology. I think we might be
using the same word to mean things.

Just my thoughts.

Christi Carew
Technical Writer

christi -at- sageinst -dot- com
p. 831-761-6565
f. 831-761-2452

Sage Instruments
240 Airport Blvd.
Freedom, CA 95019
www.sageinst.com

You can never entirely stop being what you once were. That's why it's
important to be the right person today, and not put it off till tomorrow.
- Larry Wall