removing footer from blank page in Word

Subject: removing footer from blank page in Word
From: Alison Tartt <akt -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:20:20 -0500

When it's necessary to add a blank page to make a subsequent chapter begin
on a recto (for two-sided printing) in MS-Word, how do you get rid of the
footer without messing up the footers on surrounding pages? After we get
all the footers on odds and evens set up correctly in the section, deleting
the footer on the blank page (p. 6) removes it from a preceding page (p.
4). To be safe, we've made sure "Same as Previous" is turned off
everywhere, but it's still happening. We would have had these documents
finished by now with Frame, but our client wants them in Word.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Alison