RE: What's a girl to do?

Subject: RE: What's a girl to do?
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:43:31 -0500

Innocent question:

jarnopol wrote "It's a marketing piece. I'd let it go, without the
sarcastic note.<snip>

I ask:
Why is it okay for marketing copy to have <snip> inconsistency of tense,
gross overuse of passive voice, unnecessarily large words, technical
jargon, sentences that should be broken into *paragraphs*, and stressing
the unimportant details over the major improvements <snip>

Seeing all this, regardless of the audience, would drive me nuts!

Paul