Re: technical publications at QANTAS

Subject: Re: technical publications at QANTAS
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "Conlon, Penelope" <pconlon -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca>, "W words" <wongword -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:13:12 -0500

ditto. I thought it of enough interest to forward to our aviation
ind. clients for their info.

While there is *significant* documentation for pilots, flight
attendants, maintenance, etc. (and *significant* FAA doc.
requirements!) there is often no reluctance [among higher ups] to cut
tech doc personnel/budgets. We work with one group that has been
trying to hire another tech writer for two months -- while a manager
several levels up keeps the hire on hold...

[NOTE - same manager is also pushing them for more updates, much
faster, to the point the group now works 7 days 12 hours REGULARLY].