Boxes for Code: Summary

Subject: Boxes for Code: Summary
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:09:14 -0700

I got ten responses, and only two people said they
are still using boxes around code examples, and
that using a monospace font (generally Courier,
which we also use), especially combined with an
indent, was enough. Most people said that use of
boxes was old fashioned.

A number of us here feel that way but we needed
some evidence to back us up.

Thanks to Yvonne deGraw, Lee Tesdell, Catherine
Janzen, Anne McDonough, Beth Scudder, Harry Hager,
David Chinell, Jo Baer, Glen Warner, and Cathy
Arthur for responding!

-- Janice