Re: Converting Sound Files

Subject: Re: Converting Sound Files
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 01:06:06 -0700

> Subject: converting sound files
> From: Henry Vandelinde <vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com>
> Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:37:18 -0400
>
> I'm a pinch away from finishing a manual for a paging system, but
we've run
> into a snag with the telephone interconnect. The prompts have been
recorded
> on a Mac and we need them in .WAV form.
>
> The sound guy doesn't know how to convert, the client is panicking,
and I
> can't finish the manual.
>
> Anyone out here know how to convert Mac sound files to .WAV form?

Sure.

Have your Mac fellow go here:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~franke/SoundApp/

This is SoundApp, a freeware sound tool. It will convert from (insert
your favorite format *here*) to (insert your desired format *here*)
with ease.

To use it, do the following:

(1) Start SoundApp.
(2) Click on the 'Convert' menu and select 'File Format' and
'Windows
.WAV'.
(3) Hold the 'Shift' key down and drag the folder full of sounds
onto
the SoundApp icon.
(4) Select your desired destination ('Desktop' is good)
(5) Click 'Save.'

That's it, you're done.

Hope this helps ... and sorry for ending your vacation so quickly! :o)