Learning C Programming Lang

Subject: Learning C Programming Lang
From: C <kiwifur -at- excite -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 08:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

Fellow Tech Writers:
I'm a student in technical communication seeking advice on a good book that
may help me learn C language on my own. I'm especially interested in those
that come with compilers, as I do not have access to one. For the purpose of
doing exercises in the text, do these compilers really work? How about books
on Visual Basic? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Adam