Re: them engineers

Subject: Re: them engineers
From: John Fulton <John -dot- Fulton -at- enterprisemodeller -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:48:26 +0100

On Wed, 24 May 2000 14:52:44 +0530, eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com ("Edwin Skau")
wrote:

>So a second-rate programmer can be a first-rate writer eh? Do you blame the

>engineers for sharing your opinion?

Second-rate programmers certainly can be first-rate writers. The best tech
writer I have ever met was a failed programmer; this doesn't mean all failed
programmers can become great writers.

Similarly, I have another friend, who started as a writer at the same time I
did, and was pretty good. He turned to the dark side and became a first-rate
programmer; this doesn't mean all good writers can become good programmers.

John Fulton
--
Business Integration Technologies Ltd.
Stoke Bruerne