RE: Take this engineer and shove it

Subject: RE: Take this engineer and shove it
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: "'John Posada'" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:49:15 -0400

John said:

>Only morons ask moronic question. Nothing takes the place of
>asking well thought-out questions

By moronic, I meant a question that is perceived by the engineer (and maybe
by Andrew, too) as being too simplistic for someone of technical writer
status.

I think all of us a technical writers take time to think about what we want
to ask and try to form a clear, straightforward question to ask. But
sometimes the engineers are still of the opinion that a) we should already
know the answer, b) we should know all of the company's products inside and
out so nothing should ever need to be explained to us, or c) that we are
actually technical experts who pose as writers and like to ask questions of
the engineers just for something to do.

Megan E. Rock
Technical Writer, Product Information
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
Voice: 1-248-377-7948
Fax: 1-248-377-7363
E-mail: megan -dot- rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com
Web: http://www.fanucrobotics.com